Swimming pools are an excellent value-addition to any property. Plus, the fun of having a private pool when you desperately need some respite from the scorching heat of the summer is the dream of many people. Swimming pools add a focal point in your backyard, where you can entertain friends and family or relax and enjoy.
Are you considering having a pool in your backyard and wondering how much does it cost to build a pool?
Read on to find out!
Building and installing a pool involves a significant investment for most homeowners. It helps to be well aware of the various costs of building and installing a pool along with the periodic maintenance charges. Since, they come in various shapes, sizes, and types, the cost of building a pool depends on what kind of pool you want to have.
There are Two Main Types of Pools:
So, if you are wondering how much does it cost to build a pool in Toronto, you need to understand the types of swimming pools.
- Above-Ground Pools
- In-Ground Pools
There is a big difference in the costs of building these two types of pools. Above-ground pools cost significantly lesser than their in-ground equivalent. Since in-ground pools require quite a lot of excavation and finishing after installation, their cost tends to be much higher than above-ground pools, which don’t require much construction or excavation work.
Types of In-Ground Pools
In-ground pools come with a variety of options in terms of the materials from which they are made. Most popular in-ground pool materials are concrete, vinyl, and fibreglass. The building and installation cost, as well as the maintenance cost for each of these materials, differ.
- The least inexpensive option among these three is the vinyl pools.
- If you opt for a fibreglass pool, the overall cost may increase slightly.
- Then, there are concrete pools that take more time to install and build than the other two options, which is why they tend to cost more than vinyl and fibreglass swimming pools.
- Gunite, a method used to apply concrete for building a pool, is also an option, but the cost will be at the higher end of building concrete pools.
Reasons Why DIY Pool Installation is Not a Wise Idea
For those looking to save a few thousand dollars, DIY pool installation is a viable option but at the cost of added efforts and a chance of messing up the installation. Some swimming pool building companies offer DIY kits, which are claimed to be easy to install and set up. However, considering the significant amount of investment it requires, it is advisable to hire professional pool builders for the installation and setting up of the pool.
Additional Costs of Installing a Swimming Pool
In addition to the standard price of building a pool, you also need to consider the following:
- Landscaping cost, including deck or patio construction for inground pools
- Pool safety features such as handrails and fencing systems, depending on the rules and regulations in your area
- Cleaning and maintaining the pool with equipment such as ladders, pumps, filters, and more, for both inground and above ground pools
- A suitable heating solution for your pool, including an electric pool heater, solar heater, and more
- Swimming pool accessories
Now that you have an answer to the question, ‘How Much Does It Cost to Build a Pool in Toronto’, it is best to hire a reputable pool builder to get the desired results. It helps to know that these costs will add to the initial installation price of the pool. You should consider these aspects beforehand and budget accordingly so that you know what to expect.
Let Our Expert Pool Builders in Toronto Help You!
We at Land-con landscape design and building have over 25 years of experience and expertise in building and installing pools according to the requirements and budgets of our clients. Our company completes every construction on time while also ensuring that the client is satisfied and happy with the result. Equipped with the right construction machinery, manpower, and experience, we accomplish success on every pool construction and installation project.