Swimming pools are an excellent value addition to any property. Plus, the fun of having a private pool when you desperately need some respite from the scorching heat of the summer is the dream of many people. Swimming pools add a focal point in your backyard, where you can entertain friends and family or relax and enjoy.
Are you considering having a pool in your backyard and wondering how much it costs to build a pool?
Read on to find out!
Building and installing a pool involves a significant investment for most homeowners. It helps to be well aware of the various costs of building and installing a pool, along with the periodic maintenance charges. Since they come in various shapes, sizes, and types, the cost of building a pool depends on what kind of pool you want to have.
There are Two Main Types of Pools:
So, if you are wondering how much it costs to build a pool in Toronto, you need to understand the types of swimming pools.
- Above-Ground Pools
- In-Ground Pools
Building an above-ground pool is significantly cheaper than an in-ground pool. The average cost of an above-ground pool ranges from $1,000 to $6,000, whereas an in-ground pool can cost anywhere between $60,000 and $250,000. The cost difference between the two types of pools is substantial, and it is essential to factor in these costs when deciding which type of pool to install. Since in-ground pools require quite a lot of excavation and finishing after installation, their cost tends to be much higher than above-ground pools, which don’t require much construction or excavation work.
Types of In-Ground Pools
In-ground pools come with a variety of options in terms of the materials from which they are made. The most popular in-ground pool materials are concrete, vinyl, and fiberglass. The building and installation costs, as well as the maintenance costs for each of these materials, differ.
- The least inexpensive option among these three is the vinyl pools.
- If you opt for a fiberglass pool, the overall cost may increase slightly.
- Then, there are concrete pools that take more time to install and build than the other two options, which is why they tend to cost more than vinyl and fiberglass swimming pools.
- Gunite, a method used to apply concrete for building a pool, is also an option, but the cost will be at the higher end of building concrete pools.
Reasons Why DIY Pool Installation is Not a Wise Idea
For those looking to save a few thousand dollars, DIY pool installation is a viable option, but at the cost of added effort and a chance of messing up the installation. Some swimming pool building companies offer DIY kits, which are claimed to be easy to install and set up. However, considering the significant amount of investment it requires, it is advisable to hire professional pool builders for the installation and setting up of the pool.
Additional Costs of Installing a Swimming Pool
In addition to the standard price of building a pool, you also need to consider the following:
- Landscaping cost, including deck or patio construction around inground pools
- Pool safety features such as handrails and fencing systems, depending on the rules and regulations in your area
- Cleaning and maintaining the pool with equipment such as ladders, pumps, filters, and more, for both inground and above-ground pools
- A suitable heating solution for your pool, including an electric pool heater, solar heater, and more
- Swimming pool accessories
Now that you have an answer to the question, ‘How Much Does It Cost to Build a Pool in Toronto’, it is best to hire a reputable pool builder to get the desired results. It helps to know that these costs will add to the initial installation price of the pool. You should consider these aspects beforehand and budget accordingly so that you know what to expect.
Count On Us As Your Pool Builder in Toronto
At Luxury Pools, we don’t just build pools, we craft experiences that are tailored to your requirements. Our team of skilled professionals specializes in turning your pool dreams into reality. We handle every aspect, from initial design concepts to installation of your new pool.
Why Choose Us?
- Expertise: With decades of experience, we know the ins and outs of pool construction.
- Personalized Service: Your pool will reflect your unique style and preferences.
- Affordability: Our competitive pricing ensures quality within your budget.
If you are looking for an accurate answer to “How much does it cost to build a pool in Toronto” we have you covered. Contact us at 416.504.5263 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your free pool estimate today. Turn your backyard into a haven of relaxation and entertainment.