About the Project:
This Etobicoke based back yard had an existing concrete pool that needed a serious renovation, as well as an existing patio. Our designer worked with the clients wish list to propose a space that would keep the existing pool, while enhancing the patio space with a beautiful garden, and lots of area to relax. An outdoor kitchen would ensure the client can cook tasty meals while enjoying quality time with their family every summer. The large rain water feature, which is offset on the pool near the shallow end, and lined up with the matching colour patio stone became a central focal point for the space that can be enjoyed. Mature trees surrounding the property give this space an instant mature look, even as this project was so recently completed.
Site Challenges and Solutions:
- Pool needed a full renovation including new equipment and lines. The current plumbing system near the pool equipment was not done to code and needed to be reworked.
- Minimal backyard slope made drainage more difficult, but drainage was achieved with minor interlock swales
- Concrete pool with Pebbletec Finish
- Large 2 tone stone patios
- Trees and low maintenance grasses and shrubs
- water feature wall
- Fully equipped outdoor kitchen
- front driveway banding and side walkway