About the Project:
Upon the initial consultation, this client had a very distinct idea of how they wanted the backyard laid out. Once we began to draw the space to scale in our 3-D design program, everything started to take shape. With a few modifications, the design turned out almost exactly as envisioned. This modern backyard was built for entertainment. The kitchen is equipped with a built in BBQ and a pizza oven. Off to the back there is a small plunge pool with a water feature spilling over top of the bench. With multiple areas to sit and entertain, this family will have lots of enjoyment for years to come.
Site Challenges and Solutions:
- Existing sewer in backyard forced pool setbacks.
- Undesirable location of pool equipment was solved by creating a decorative wood structure and living wall which became a back drop to the dining area
- Large staircase required a sturdy concrete base with piers for extra support
- Small pool with wrap around bench and water feature
- Lounger space
- Fire pit and sitting area
- Dining space
- Outdoor kitchen
- Grand staircase exit from the house with glass railings
- Modern stepping stone walkway with real grass gaps
- Clean simple planting pallet
- Landscape lighting