A well-designed swimming pool is indeed a complementary attribute, seeing that it is an excellent place to lay back and relax with your friends and family. However, if you are looking to get a pool built and installed in your backyard, you must consider several swimming pools designs to make the most out of the backyard space.
Here’s a significant question you must ask:
How Much Space will the Pool Occupy in My Backyard?
According to the experts, you must ask yourself the following five essential questions while installing a pool:
- How much area can I allocate for the swimming pool itself?
- Will I have room for a patio or other backyard landscaping features?
- Will I have a separate space for pool equipment and shower area?
- How much distance should I have between my house and the pool?
- How will the entire picture look?
Let us take up each of the aspects individually.
Adequate Space Required for the Swimming Pool
When you consider the swimming pool designs, there are endless options in respect to shape, size, depth, and style. Perhaps, size is the most vital of them all, depending on which you can decide on the others.
Typically, private pools range from 28-40 feet long and 14-20 feet wide. But you must think of the following too:
- The number of family members who will be using the pool.
- Whether you want a separate shallow region for kids?
- If you want additional features like rock waterfall, spa, swim-up bars, and so on.
- The type of pool you want in your backyard; diving pools, lap pools, etc.
- The shape of your pool; regular rectangle, circular, or any other unique configuration
“Many of the home-owners wish they would have opted for a larger size for their pools. So think about the dimensions carefully.”
Room for Other Backyard Features
A backyard pool is always more fun with additional features. You must consider the pool size accordingly so that it doesn’t gobble up the entire space. Here are a few swimming pool designs with other backyard features for you to ponder about:
- Pool with outdoor kitchen and bar
- Surrounding grass area for your kids and pets play area
- An alfresco room for entertaining year round
- Shaded lounge area with paved platforms to place your furniture
- Gazebo or pergola to sip your favorite drink under
- Island barbecue grill
“Pool time is more fun when you have space for entertaining other activities too.”
Distinct Space for Swimming Pool Equipment
It is essential to contemplate the space for your swimming pool equipment because swimming pool toys make the experience more joyful.
Besides, if you wish to throw an impromptu pool party, where will you ask your guests to have a bath and change their clothes? You will need a separate room for this purpose.
So think of all these details before making a final decision.
Ideal Distance Between the Pool & House
Swimming pool construction is regulated by Municipal Zoning By-Laws and Ontario Building Code for properties. Many people do not realize that according to Toronto Municipal Code, it is mandatory to maintain a distance between the pool and your house, i.e., the dwelling.
Accordingly, you must adhere to those rules and regulations to avoid any legal dispute.
Backyard as a Whole
For best result, you must consider the backyard as a whole and examine all the aspects. You should think of the following:
- Sunlight: Will your pool receive adequate sunlight or will the trees surrounding it block the light?
- Surrounding Plantations: Ask if the trees and foliage around the pool will affect the water. If you fail to ponder about it, you might end up constantly fishing out fruits, leaves, and flowers from it!
- Privacy: Do not forget to ensure if you will have privacy around the pool or you might not enjoy taking a dip into it as much as would like.
As you can see, choosing pool designs and swimming pool construction is not an easy feat. You must consider all these aspects regarding the space required for a backyard pool to ensure that you have a perfect one where you can sit back and relax.
Luxury Pools is one of the most favored swimming pool design and construction company in Toronto. For any queries regarding pool design, construction, and installation, please contact us at 416.504.5263.