There are not one but several safety tips that you must follow when near an indoor swimming pool. If you have children at home, you are expected to be more cautious with your indoor swimming pool. While indoor swimming pools in Toronto serve as the best spot for relaxation and detox, it can be equally dangerous if you are unaware of pool safety rules.
As a responsible owner, you must go through the safety tips followed near an indoor swimming pool and ensure to follow them strictly. Make sure your family members and children who use the pool are informed about these rules.
To help you understand the precautions better, we have curated a list of safety tips for you to understand and learn.
18 Safety Tips for Indoor Swimming Pools
- Always check safety manuals provided by your swimming pool installer and adhere to the manual closely.
- Do not forget to paste non-slip adhesive stickers on the pool deck, climbing ladder and diving board. All pool areas are highly slippery, and you must ensure there are high-functioning adhesive stickers applied on specific surfaces. It helps prevent accidents like slipping and hurting yourself.
- While the swimming pool design is being laid, ensure the steps of the pool ladder are at least three inches broad. The ladder must be supported with handrails on both sides with handles that a child can quickly grasp. It will be best to have ladders on both ends of the pool.
- It is best to get your electrical set-up installed by a licensed electrician only. See to it that they follow the local safety codes. Request the electricians to double the wiring system.
- Post-installation, it will be best to consult a professional pool contractor to ensure the depth of the indoor swimming pool is fine. If your indoor swimming pool is installed by a known landscape constructor, you do not have to worry about the depth of the pool. Also, if you are adding a slide to your pool, it is best to add the slide in a deep area, not in shallow water.
- If you have children at your place, this safety tip is especially for you. It is a must to install a protective fence around your pool’s circumference to prevent mishaps. Ensure the fence is high enough so no kid can climb over it. It is best to install a glass fence supported with Aluminum brackets.
- Do not forget to mark water depths and ensure the water level does not supersede the mark. For enhanced safety, use a floating line where the slope of the pool deepens.
- Conduct regular checks on the pool water and equipment for cleanliness and hygiene. Make sure to check on sharp edges and extended bolts. Check if the ladders and railings are broken or need repair. Inspect and replace non-slip adhesive tapes when they show wear and tear.
- If you have children at your place, teach them how to float and swim as soon as possible.
- Always ensure there are competent adults around when the pool is in use.
- It is best not to swim alone in an indoor swimming pool. Or, it is best to swim when someone is around or near the pool.
- Educate children on the safety protocols of an indoor swimming pool and discourage them from indulging in risky pool games.
- Never push someone forcefully in the pool.
- Always go feet first when using water slides.
- Ensure your way is clear in the indoor swimming pool before you take a dive or slide into the pool.
- It is best to keep first aid supplies and rescue devices near the swimming pool.
- Avoid keeping electrical devices such as mobile phones, laptops or radios near the pool area.
- Last and the most safety precaution you must strictly abide by is never go swimming after consuming alcoholic beverages, eating, or taking medications.
Where to Find Builders for Indoor Swimming Pools in Toronto?
If you plan to install an aesthetically appealing, calm and serene indoor swimming pool, you can only trust the excellence of Land Con installers. Land-Con is the leading indoor swimming pool designer in Toronto with over 25 years of experience creating the swimming pool of your dreams. We have with us some of the best indoor swimming pool designers to ensure quality results. Our installers are punctual, hard-working and believe in delivering flawless results. To learn more about us, contact Land-con at 416-504-5263 or drop a mail at email@example.com.